WIDE has pledged to develop strategies for protecting the environment and formulate policies for preserving natural resources and the biodiversity in line with the special environment policy set up by the Government of United Arab Emirates.
- Print smart, when you print
- Fix it. repair versus replace
- Reuse, recycle, freecycle, donate
- Research vendors
- Create an environmental policy
- Provide a safe and healthful workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained and have appropriate safety and emergency equipment.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbor in the communities where we operate, and act promptly and responsibly to correct incidents or conditions that endanger health, safety, or the environment. Report them to authorities promptly and inform affected parties as appropriate.
- Conserve natural resources by reusing and recycling materials, purchasing recycled materials, and using recyclable packaging and other materials.
- Develop and market products that are safe for their intended use, efficient in their use of energy, protective of the environment, and that can be reused, recycled or disposed of safely.
- Follow processes that do not adversely affect the environment, including developing and improving operations and technologies to minimize waste, prevent air, water, and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources when feasible.
- Participate in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding around the world and share appropriate pollution prevention technology, knowledge and methods.
- Utilize products, services and expertise around the world to assist in the development of solutions to environmental problems.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements to which WIDE subscribes. Set and adhere to stringent requirements of our own no matter where in the world the company does business.
- Strive to continually improve WIDE’s Environmental management system and performance, and periodically issue progress reports to the general public.
- Conduct rigorous audits and self-assessments of WIDE’s compliance with this policy, measure progress of WIDE’s environmental affairs performance, and discuss the report periodically amongst the management.
Every employee and every contractor on WIDE premises is expected to follow this policy and to report any environmental, health, or safety concern to WIDE management. Managers are expected to take prompt action